Friday, March 19, 2010

Decorations and Birthday Fun

Chris and I finally started decorating our house!  It's definitely starting to look more like a home.

DSCN9716 Wine rack

DSCN9723 Hallway Pictures    I really like how it turned out

DSCN9725 Hallway pictures between rooms

DSCN9728 Our bedroom

DSCN9732 Downstairs

I started the first Wilton Cake Decorating class at Michael's in the beginning of March.  Last weekend his family came over to celebrate his dad's birthday.  I made and decorated my first cake for the occasion!  Chris cooked the meal while I got everything set up.  The whole thing turned out great.

DSCN9740

My flowers have started to come up!  The only problem is that the deer also like them.  I went looking at them one day and some of my irises were cut in half!  Every day since then more and more are missing parts.  I'm going to put a net around it to see if that will solve it temporarily.  They apparently don't like daffodils.  Thank goodness I can have some flowers if everything else gets eaten.  They also like tulips, which I planted late and are just starting to come out.  Who knows how long it will be until those start going, too.  Next time I'll post a picture of the flower bed and my newest project.

3 comments:

  1. OMG Heather, that cake looks so cute! I love it. Now I'm gonna have to go and sign up for one of those classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I really like your new blog background, it's very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daffodils are poisonous to deer. At least you haven't had them just cut off the heads of your flowers yet and then not eat it! They always do that to my lovely roses! >(

    ReplyDelete