Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring!

My flowers are coming up!  These pictures were taken a week ago.  In the first picture, it is obvious that the deer like my flowers.  I put up netting around the flower bed and it's helped so far.  The rest of my hyacinths have opened up.  They look very nice.  It's raining, hence why I don't have an updated picture of the flowers.

DSCN9794 TulipsDSCN9791 Hyacinths

I also used the netting to put around the balcony that's off our kitchen.  I created a little outdoor area for the kitties.  They really enjoy it. 

DSCN9831 DSCN9845

Lastly, I finished my Wilton Cake Decorating Class at Michael's last Friday.  It also happened to be our 6 month anniversary.  I surprised Chris with this awesome cake that I made.  Who would've guessed that I could make something like this.  And after 4 classes!

DSCN9819

It was my first attempt at making the full rose.  And he loved the bouquet so much!  Chris didn't want to cut into the cake.  I had a lot of fun taking that class, though it was a lot of cake that we had the past month.  Who knows how many pounds I've gained because of it.  I plan on continuing on at some point with the next class.

1 comment:

  1. Omg! You have to teach me how to decorate a cake!! That is gorgeous!! I wouldn't want to eat it either...

    Val (I don't get this picking an account thing...)

    ReplyDelete